2. General Principles
The Company believes in the value of work, and it strongly thinks that legality, correctness and transparency of acting are the essential premises to achieve its economic, production and social mission.
The general ethical principles in which the Company identifies itself are indicated below.
All employees, the Board of Directors and its members, the trade union body and collaborators are bound to comply with the laws and regulations in force, the Code and the internal company rules, applying them with righteousness and fairness.
In relations with third parties, the Company undertakes to act in a correct and transparent way avoiding misleading information or behaviour such as to take unfair advantage of others’ positions of weakness or lack of knowledge. In the pursuit of maximizing its economic and financial results, is the Company committed to establishing correct commercial relationships with third parties, lasting relationships with customers and suppliers and adequate acknowledgments of the contribution of its collaborators.
Gifts or other benefits
Giving or offering, directly or indirectly, gifts, payments, material benefits or other utilities of any entity to third parties, public officials or private individuals is not allowed. Acts of business courtesy, such as free gifts or forms of hospitality, are permitted, provided they are of modest value and in any case such as not to compromise the integrity or reputation of one of the parties and not to be interpreted as aimed at acquiring advantages in an improper way.
External relations, relationships with collaborators and those between these latter, must be based on the greatest loyalty, which means faithfulness to the given word, to the promises and agreements, acting responsibly, enhancing and safeguarding the corporate assets, and applying a good faith attitude to any activity or decision.
All the Company’s actions and relations with its stakeholders and shareholders must be characterized by correctness, completeness, uniformity and timeliness of information, according to the lines provided for by the laws, the best market practices and within the limits of the company’s know-how and assets’ protection.
Respect for People’s Dignity
The Company does respect the people’s fundamental rights by protecting the moral integrity thereof and assuring equal opportunities. Both in internal and external relations any conduct involving discrimination contents based on political or trade union opinions, on faith, race, nationality, age, sex, sexual orientation, health condition and, as a rule, any intimate characteristics of the human person, shall not be allowed.
The Company supports the principles of the International Labour Organization (ILO) which foster equal opportunities for all employees, respect for fundamental human rights, fair compensation, freedom of association and the right to collective bargaining.
The Company shall ensure that, within the scope of its activities, the rights envisaged by the “Universal Declaration of Human Rights” are guaranteed in the different countries in which it operates. In particular, the Company prohibits, in the context of its activities:
– to establish interpersonal relationships capable of generating a subjection of the kind described in art. 600 of the Italian penal code (Reduction or maintenance in slavery or servitude);
– to induce, favour or exploit the prostitution of minors, as well as to perform sexual acts with minors in exchange for money or other economic utility;
– to produce pornographic performances or material by using minors, or induce them to participate in pornographic performances;
– to distribute, disclose, disseminate, advertise in any form or hold the material referred to above, or pornographic material representing virtual images made with using photos of minors or parts thereof;
– to distribute or disclose news or information aimed at soliciting or sexually exploiting minors, or images of virtual pornography as mentioned above;
– to offer or give, even free of charge, the mentioned pornographic material;
– to organize or advertise tourism initiatives aimed at exploiting child prostitution;
– to commit trafficking in persons, or lead them, by any means, to enter, stay or leave the territory of the State;
– to buy or alienate people who are enslaved.
The Company is aware of the importance of transparency, accuracy and completeness of the accounting information, and it strives to avail itself of a reliable administrative-accounting system that correctly represents the management deeds and capable of providing the tools to identify, prevent and manage, as far as possible, the financial and operational risks.
Safety Protection and Respect for the Environment
The Company carries out its activities in accordance with the current legislation regulating safe working conditions. As part of its activities, is the Company committed to spreading and consolidating the culture of safety by developing awareness of the risks and using all the resources necessary to guarantee safety and health of the employees, external collaborators, customers and community in which it operates. For these reasons are the Company’s activities managed in compliance with the laws in force on prevention, protection and environmental impact, and with the implementation of technical/ organizational tools to safeguard workers’ safety and health.
The Company actively contributes –in the appropriate locations – to the promotion of scientific and technological development aimed at safeguarding both resources and environment.
Operational management refers to advanced criteria of environmental protection and energy efficiency by pursuing the continuous improvement of health and safety conditions at work, as well as the environmental protection.
The Company’s employees are bound to participate, as scope of their duties, in risk prevention, environmental protection, in their own health and safety protection as well as in that of their workmates and third parties.
Compliance with Legislation on Money Laundering, Organized Crime and/or for Terrorism Purposes
The Company acknowledges the primary value of the democratic principles and of the free political determination the State is founded upon.
It is therefore forbidden, and totally alien to the Company:
– to join with the purpose of committing multiple crimes and, in particular, the smuggling of foreign manufactured tobaccos and the illicit trafficking of narcotic or psychotropic substances;
– to be a member, whatever the role played, of mafia, Camorra or any unlawful associations;
– to replace, transfer money, goods or other utilities deriving from an intentional crime, as well as to perform other operations thereto connected in order to hinder the identification of their criminal origin;
– to use money, goods or other benefits coming from crime into economic or financial activities;
– to perform acts aimed at bringing about the entry of a foreigner into the national territory in violation of the law, or acts aimed at causing the illegal entry of a foreigner in any country of which the person is not a citizen or does not have the title of permanent residence;
– to facilitate the foreigner’s stay in the State territory in order to gain an unfair profit from the condition of illegality he/she is in;
– to encourage in any way the person called to make statements that can be used in criminal proceedings before the judicial authority, not to make statements or to make false statements, when the latter has the right not to respond;
– to help someone to elude the investigations or to escape the Authority’s research.